Tuesday, September 22, 2009

A Marvelous Evening



Wasn't it just wonderful yesterday evening?

The temperature here in North Texas was in the upper 60's, at most, and the air had a crispness to it that only comes with the arrival of fall. Which happened overnight Monday night. Fall is my favorite season.

I love it when autumn trees turn color,
in the disappearing heat of summer;
the smell of fresh pies; when cold fronts surprise
and pumpkins and scarecrows come over

Okay, maybe that last part doesn't make much sense, but I truly do love autumn. Pumpkins, scarecrows and all. Tonight I took a few minutes to go sit outside by my waterfall and pond and enjoy the evening. Sipping a hot mug of tea, I listened to the sound of the water, looked up at the moonlit skies, listened to the wind in the treetops and took a deep breath. It was awesome.

Welcome, fall! Been a long time.

.

0 comments:

Post a Comment