Saturday, October 10, 2009

Things That Make Me Scratch My Head, Part 1

Sometimes I just don't get it. Why...
  • are people so excited about celebrating death at Halloween? Since when are skulls, tombstones, ghosts, witches and the sort things to be celebrated? I even see some neighbors take their Halloween festivities to their yards, setting up blow-up skulls, tombstones in the front yard, and plugging in orange lights in the windows and shrubs. I just don't get it.
  • do people enjoy being scared? Haunted houses make big bucks this time of year, as do slasher films (year-round, really). A sensible person would want to be secure and at peace. Or so sense seems to say. But people for some reason enjoy being frightened, even in a world of terrorism and stalkers. I just don't get it.
  • do we have dozens of choices of shampoo and salsa? It seems that everybody has a brand of shampoo and everybody else has a brand of salsa. Three quarters of a shelf row in my local Kroger store has nothing but shampoo displayed. If they were all different flavors I'd understand, but are they? And salsa... there must be 30 brands to choose from. I've tried a few of the "off brands" and they taste the same. I just don't get it.
  • am I perplexed at 10pm on a Saturday night? Hmmm....
Good night!

.

0 comments:

Post a Comment