Monday, February 1, 2010

Random Thoughts...


Scattershooting while intentionally not looking at an emotional Extreme Makeover: Home Edition episode (I mean it's about a dying mother for crying out loud!)...

-- Dropping your keys can get pretty darn annoying. Dropping a pencil, however, is the norm.

-- Having a friend who cares is worth more than gold. Especially so when he has clues to solving your mysteries.

-- Duct tape can fix almost anything... except an old desk chair that lowers a quarter inch every five minutes. Maybe it just needs more duct tape...

-- That six degrees of separation sometimes becomes two. I don't usually expect to hear about someone I know on the radio or television. I just don't run in those circles. But I found out this afternoon that the daughter of an old mentor died unexpectedly. Suicide, police think. Her husband was famous in these parts. My heart is very heavy for my friend and his family.

-- That haste makes waste in SO many ways. Especially when it involves my health.

-- I found out tonight I can cook fish. That's a first for me. Tilapia coated with seasoning salt, and cooked in butter with green onion and parsley. Still yet to be conquered: raw shrimp, lamb, and goat. Don't hold your breath for that last one...

-- A little note of encouragement can make a day. A Bible verse that ministers, even more.

-- That I like this format of blogging but I imagine it gets annoying to read...

-- That when God says "no," it's because He's in the know. I went to buy a camcorder the other day with some extra cash I'd saved but the store was all out of the camera model I wanted. Every store around was out of stock. Turns out I needed the money for a high utility bill and doctor's stuff. I was bummed at the store. I am blessed now.

Be God's!

.

0 comments:

Post a Comment