Tuesday, April 7, 2009

A Creative Challenge

.

One of the most difficult things about having a creative job is that it requires creativity. No joke. Most artists only have a limited creative well to draw from and when that well runs dry, the artist's work suffers. Writer's block sets in for authors. Painters see only the same shapes. Graphic designers end up creating the same document over and over again.

That's one of the things about art this side of heaven: it's limited. It does not go on and on for every artist. There will always be dry spells. I think I'm in one right now. Everything I look at right now has the same shape, so to speak. Every design I create has the same look. I cannot come up with anything original, so I borrow from the work of others in hopes of finding a new path of creative inspiration. It works every now and then. But not always when I need it to work.

How can an artist recapture his or her inspiration? What is the trigger to fire the gun of fresh creative thought?

We'll just have to see!

.

0 comments:

Post a Comment