Friday, April 24, 2009

Some Time to Reflect

.

Being sick this week has given me a lot of time to stop and reflect. What on? Well, life, I suppose — the spiritual life and the physical one. Not much else a guy can do when he can't sleep because of a fever and sinus infection. Oh, there's always TV, but even as I watch television in the evenings I am reminded of spiritual things. I guess I'm blessed that way. Here are a few quick reflections I've had this week...

  • That the romantic relationship, especially marriage, is a tremendous reflection of the God-man relationship. There is a lot to this one. One thing is that our problems in communication with each other reflect our communication problems with God. We can get into all kinds of communication trouble when we are not on the same page with our Lord! Same thing with our earthly relationships. We aren't hearing what He is saying. And we're not saying what we need to be saying to Him.
  • That the human body is a marvelous creation of our almighty Creator. For example, fever is our body's reaction to invasion. It's not a bad thing. For fever burns harmful bacteria into submission, purifying the body. I should know. I've had six straight days of purification!
  • That the Lord calls some people to certain places and gives them as much opportunity as they desire to serve. Crossroads has a wonderful ministry to Hispanic residents of Lewisville, Texas, that is fueled by the service of those blessed people. They saw opportunity and dove right in.
  • That the tender, caring, concerned love of a good woman soothes any ailment. And mine has been such a great blessing to me this week!
  • That dating couples who do not share a spiritual foundation are bound for trouble when they get married. Being plugged into the Body of Christ is SO vital to relationship success! For there should be three in every marriage, a man, a woman, and God. When God isn't present, the marriage is weak. I'm so glad my beloved and I are making God a priority in our relationship. And that we both highly value plugging into the Body of Christ.
There were more reflections, I'm sure, but one of the side effects of my "purification" seems to be short term memory loss!

Be God's.
.

0 comments:

Post a Comment