Monday, August 24, 2009

Christmas Time is Here... Kinda

Okay, maybe Christmas is nowhere near according to the calendar but it sure is nearby when you enter Garden Ridge store in Lewisville, TX. Garden Ridge has already started transforming about a fifth of its store into a winter wonderland even though the thermometer outside reads 99 and the calendar says it's August 24th. In a surreal moment today, I walked through aisle after aisle of ornaments, Christmas trees, and outdoor lights. There were also nutcracker dolls, angels and other assorted holiday items. In August!

I was excited!

Crazy? Probably. But I love Christmas. I think it's the one time of year I feel really happy and at peace. Maybe it is those lights and ornaments. Or maybe the trees and Christmas tunes that warm heart and hearth alike. Just last week I found myself listening to streaming Christmas music during a hectic week at work. It calmed me down and put my heart someplace else — someplace wonderful.

So maybe Christmas Eve is still four months away (today!) but it was still fun to walk those aisles and enjoy the beauty and majesty of the season.

0 comments:

Post a Comment