Sunday, August 9, 2009

Roughing It

I just got home after spending the weekend at one of my favorite places: the Wichita Mountains National Wildlife Refuge in SW Oklahoma. Located just northwest of Lawton, the WMNWR (err... Refuge) is a marvel to behold — buffalo and longhorn cattle roaming free between 2000-foot rugged mountains. I pitched a tent for the weekend and "roughed it," cameras in hand as always. I took well over 400 photos in the 48 hours I was there. Here are a few. I'll post video and more pictures later.

-- Brother John


A beautiful waterfall was found off the beaten path in Medicine Park, a small town next to the refuge. This photo was taken at about 9pm with an lengthy exposure, creating so-called "silky water."

I love sunsets not only for the color of the sky but also for the shadows and shades the setting sun creates. Who would've thought that 2,000-plus-foot peaks could rise from the plains of Oklahoma?

Late at night on Quanah Parker Lake. Just because the sun sets doesn't mean the time for beautiful photography has to end! I love shooting at night because of the colors and shades.

.

0 comments:

Post a Comment